Old Parkland Hospital Renovation Project
The original Parkland Hospital was constructed in 1915. Additions were constructed in 1921 and 1935. After years of standing vacant, the Old Parkland Hospital Building was gutted down to its structure and exterior walls with portions of the 1935 additions demolished. Approximately 50,000 sq.ft. of the original building was renovated into office and conference room space with associated support spaces including kitchen and dining areas and a fitness center. 16,000 sq.ft. of new “open” office space and a new two level, below grade parking garage for 125 cars were added to the renovated building. Great care was taken by all members of the Design Team to preserve the original exterior façade of the building while upgrading the interior spaces to modern office building standards.